Arabic classes for adults at Café Palestina
Owing to Covid, our Arabic classes for adults and children have moved online to Zoom - and they have gone from strength to strength. We hope you will join us.
- We also have NEW! Arabic in Palestine which offers Palestinian language partners and cultural exchange with people in Palestine together with our language classes. More information from email@example.com
- If you would like to make a payment for Arabic in Palestine, please see the Cafe Palestina Merchandise page.
- We also have Arabic classes for children. More information from firstname.lastname@example.org
Class levels and times
Our classes aim to help people to improve their speaking and understanding of Palestinian / Levantine dialect. Focus is on speaking but we also do some reading and writing. We have several levels for people who identify as ‘beginners’ and a conversation class for people who are going further. We may add further levels or be able to provide private tuition in some cases, do ask.
- Level A – Complete beginners
- Level B – Beginners. For people with a little experience in Arabic who can recognise the Arabic letters
- Level C - Moving on. This is one step higher; you need to have studied at least 20 hours and be able to put together at least an easy sentence in written Arabic
- Level D- Conversation class for people who are managing at some level with spoken communication.
- Arabic in Palestine is mixed level.
Classes in Autumn 2020
- Arabic level A (complete beginners) / Saturday 10-11, and (separate class) Saturday 1.20-2.20
- Arabic level B (beginners)/ Saturday 2.30 - 4pm
- Arabic level C (moving on) / Sunday 11-12.30
- Arabic level D (conversation) / Saturday 4.15-5.45 pm
- Arabic in Palestine - special mixed-level course** / Saturday and Tuesday evenings. **
We recommend ‘Yallah Nehki Arabi’ which you can get from this website (see 'books, cards, calendars')
Group classes level A (one hour per class)
• CADFA members* - £15 a class or £54 for 6-class module
• Non-members - £20 a class or £68 for 6-class module
Other group classes (one and a half hours per class)
• CADFA members* – £18 a class or £72 for 6-class module
• Non-members - £23 a class or £90 for 6-class module
Group classes need at least 3 enrolled to run. We can run private classes for one or two people at the following rates:
• CADFA members* - £20 a class or £100 for 6-class module
• Non-members -£25 a class or £150 for 6-class module
*Information about CADFA from cadfa.org or email@example.com
2020-2021 Module dates:
We organise our usual classes in six-week modules – If the teacher is happy, you can join at any time but the usual joining time is the beginning of the module. If you start at the beginning, you will pay the 6-week fee. If you start late, you can choose whether to pay the 6-week fee or pay per week
• Module (1) 19/20 Sept - 24/25 Oct
• Module (2) 7/8 Nov - 12/13 Dec
• Module (3) 9/10 Jan - 13/14 Feb
• Module (4) 20/21 Feb - 27/28 March
• Module (5) 17/18 April - 22/23 May
• Module (6) 5/6 June to 10/11 July
How can I register?
If you would like to join CADFA and take advantage of the cheaper members' price, you can do this at cadfa.org/get-involved/
Payment can be made either to the Cafe bank account 089299/ 65850305 with the class name as reference , or through our online shop - see Cafe Palestina Merchandise..